When: Saturday, November 4, 2017
Where: Cedaroak Park Primary School, 4515 Cedaroak Dr, West Linn OR
Each hands-on science class is one hour long.
Sign your student up for 1, 2, 3, or 4 sessions. It’s up to you!
Each session will cost $11
If your child needs a scholarship in order to participate, please contact Tricia Guarisco at SuperScienceCOP@gmail.com to make arrangements. Reserve and pay for your classes at
Registration deadline is Wednesday, November 1, 2017. Classes will close once they are full, so please register as soon as possible.
Class Session Time(s):
Session 1: 9:00-10:00
Session 2: 10:10-11:10
Break: 11:10-11:30 (bring a snack/small lunch if you will be staying for a later session)
Session 3: 11:30-12:30
Session 4: 12:40-1:40
Classes offered (click on website link above for exact session time(s)):
- Prehistoric Dinosaurs (Grades PreK-3): Dig for fossils and reassemble a complete dinosaur
- Scales, Claws and Expanding Jaws (Grades K-5): Get up close with live snakes, lizards and turtles while learning about reptiles
- Marvelous Magnets (Grades K-2): Learn all about magnetic force
- Going Batty (Grades K-3): Explore the world of bats
- Kiddie Chemistry (K-3): Learn about mixtures and chemical reactions
- Jolts, Volts and Wires (Grades 2-5): Study the nature of electricity by engineering circuits using generators, batteries, bulbs, motors and more
- Funtastic Physics (Grades 2-5): Join a space mission and learn about the laws of physics
- Hunters of the Sky (Grades 4-5): Learn about hawks, owls and eagles
- School of Rocks (Grades 4-5): Become a rock expert with minerals, rocks and the rock cycle
- Squid Dissection (Grades 4-5): Use proper dissection techniques to explore the insides of a squid and discover firsthand how the beak, ink sac and other adaptations help it survive
- Radical Reactions (Grades 4-5): Learn all about the world of acids, bases and indicators using chemicals like dry ice and disappearing ink
Volunteers Always Appreciated
If you would like to volunteer for Super Science Saturday (help bring students to classes, helping out in the classrooms), contact Tricia at SuperScienceCOP@gmail.com. You can also sign up on the class registration form. Thanks a million!